Carer Awareness Training
Care for the Carers is providing a programme of free Carer Awareness Training as part of our Building Carer Friendly Communities initiative. Please see below for upcoming training opportunities.
- Monday, 22nd May, 9.30am to 12.30pm, at Southlands Place, Bexhill
- Wednesday, 24th May, 9.30am to 12.30pm, at Crowborough Community Centre, Crowborough
- Thursday, 1st June, 9.30am to 12.30pm, at Ethel Wood Hall, Pevensey Bay
Please note that the session booked for Thursday, 27th April has now been changed to Monday, 22nd May.
This training session is for:
- Professionals working either in a business or an organisation within East Sussex
- Health and social care professionals
- People who are supporting carers, or want to support carers, in their neighbourhood or local community
The training will cover the following:
- A ‘Carer Friendly Community’ approach – why is this important?
- Who are unpaid carers and what is the impact of caring
- The importance of identifying and supporting carers
- Carers rights – the new framework
- What can we do to improve carers experience and the support available
The training is FREE and tea and coffee will be provided.
To book a place or for more information on this training, please contact Care for the Carers by telephoning 01323 738390 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
See below for more information on our Carer Awareness Training
Pop Up Carers Centre
Come along and speak to a Carer Support Worker for free information, advice and support.
- Wednesday, 3rd May at Hurst Green Community Shop & Café, Station Road, Hurst Green, TN19 7PL, 10:00am to 2:00pm.
For more information, call us on 01323 738390.
There are a number of courses planned for 2017 including Mindfulness, Cookery, “Shine” (managing stress), Creative Writing, Art Therapy and Wellness Recovery Action Planning.
For more information please visit our Carers Toolkit page.