Carers Day Breaks
Throughout the year, Care for the Carers is running day breaks for carers at Burrswood Health and Wellbeing Centre in Groombridge.
Here is what carers who have attended a day break at Burrswood say:
“It’s been so much more than a spa day – for me being in the woods was the best part. It was wonderful to have a buggy ride around the grounds to see the gorgeous views and breathe the fresh air.
Talking about having a massage: “That was amazing. Something I’ve been wanting to do for the last eight years.“
Talking about the available facilities: I’ve booked my daughter in for hydrotherapy – it’s such a help to get that sorted out as well as having the break I needed.”
Download a leaflet here and to find out the dates for the next event and to book a place, please contact Activities Facilitator Hannah by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01323 738390.
There are a number of courses planned for 2017 including Mindfulness, Cookery, “Shine” (managing stress), Creative Writing, Art Therapy and Wellness Recovery Action Planning.
For more information please visit our Carers Toolkit page.
Carer Awareness Training
Care for the Carers is providing a programme of free Carer Awareness Training as part of our Building Carer Friendly Communities initiative. Please see below for upcoming training opportunities.
- Wednesday 5th July, 9.30am to 12.30pm, at the Emmanuel Centre, Battle
- Wednesday, 12th July, 9.30am to 12.30pm, at the Phoenix Centre, Lewes
- Monday, 18th September, 9.30am to 12.30pm, at Diplocks Hall, Hailsham
Please note that the session booked for Thursday, 27th April has now been changed to Monday, 22nd May.
This training session is for:
- Professionals working either in a business or an organisation within East Sussex
- Health and social care professionals
- People who are supporting carers, or want to support carers, in their neighbourhood or local community
The training will cover the following:
- A ‘Carer Friendly Community’ approach – why is this important?
- Who are unpaid carers and what is the impact of caring
- The importance of identifying and supporting carers
- Carers rights – the new framework
- What can we do to improve carers experience and the support available
The training is FREE and tea and coffee will be provided.
To book a place or for more information on this training, please contact Care for the Carers by telephoning 01323 738390 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
See below for more information on our Carer Awareness Training