What will be considered for funding?
- Voluntary and statutory organisations
- Community organisations such as Community Interest companies or faith groups
- Local charities
- Unincorporated/informal carers’ groups
Applications may be considered which support carers from a specific community for example geographic area, identified need, interest or caring role, Applications will also be considered for groups at a District/Borough/Clinical Commissioning Group or county level.
Examples of what funding will be considered for are:
- Resources for an existing group such as books, music, craft materials, tablets
- Start-up costs for a group (advertising, venue hire, one-off refreshments)
- Promotional materials such as leaflets/flyers
- Speakers, trainers or training course
- Costs to meet additional needs (such as travel for a disabled person, hearing loop rental, interpreting, childcare) when this directly benefits carers attending the group
- Expansion of an existing service to meet additional demand
- Health & wellbeing tasters for a group of carers such as Mindfulness, Pilates, or exercise classes.
The following will not be considered for Small Grants for Carers Funding:
- Applications over £500
- Applications not directly benefitting unpaid carers of adults
- Refreshments, meals, entrance fees, travel costs, insurance
- Applications for individual carers (unless this is to meet additional needs and support their full involvement)
- Support for statutory or commissioned services unless clearly to provide additional services/resources
How do we apply?
Small Grants for Carers can be applied for through Care for the Carers:
- Apply on line
- Call 01323 738390
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
How will the decision be made and when will I know the outcome?
On receipt of an application, this will be checked against the published criteria by Care for the Carers and, where the application is considered eligible, forwarded to a group of Carer Representatives for agreement.Applications will be acknowledged on receipt and a decision reached a month from application. If there are any delays in the process this will be communicated with the applicant as soon as possible.
- If there are any queries around the eligibility criteria, this will be referred to the ESCC Commissioner for a final decision.
- If you have any questions or would like hard copies of the application form or these guidelines please contact Care for the carers who will be happy to provide this for you.
- Please include quotes if possible to support your costings and complete each section of the application form as fully as possible.